Travel can be an exciting time filled with adventures and memories you will make with your loved ones to last a lifetime. However, these adventures come with their own share of risks.
A robust, comprehensive insurance plan that is built just for travel can offer you peace of mind as you embark on a journey dotted with varying degrees of adventure. In this blog, we will take a closer look at everything you need to know about Safe Travels USA Comprehensive Insurance.
Importance of Safe Travels USA Comprehensive
Safe Travels USA Comprehensive Insurance is a plan specifically designed for visitors coming to the US. From protecting you and your loved ones in unpredictable situations, such as medical emergencies, this is one of the top comprehensive insurance plans that we recommend for visitors coming to the USA. Here are some of the reasons why Safe Travels USA Comprehensive is among the top plans among visitors coming to the USA.
- Hospital Room and Board Expenses
- ICU Room and Board Charges
- Physician’s Visits
- Prescription Drugs
- Acute Onset of Pre-existing Conditions
- Emergency Medical Evacuation
- Ambulance Service Benefits
Who is eligible to buy Safe Travels USA Comprehensive?
You must be a non-US citizen between the ages of 0-80 traveling to the USA outside your home country with a coverage length of a minimum of 5 days up to a maximum of 364 days. It also covers the acute onset of pre-existing conditions for ages up to and including 69, where the limit is up to the medical policy maximum purchased per policy period except for any coverage related to cardiac conditions or stroke, which will be limited to $25,000. You can read about this plan in detail on our website.
Safe Travels USA Comprehensive Benefits
There are several valuable benefits under the Safe Travels USA Comprehensive Insurance Plans. Whether you’re a solo traveler or a senior citizen visiting your family for a short holiday, there are tailored benefits to suit your needs and travel itinerary. Here are some of the benefits of choosing the Safe Travels USA Comprehensive Insurance Plan.
- Physician visits
- Prescription Drugs
- Emergency Medical Treatment of Pregnancy – $1000 per policy period
- Cardiac Conditions – up to $25000 per policy period for ages up to 69 or $15000 per policy period for ages 70 and over.
- Well Doctor visits up to $125 for one visit per policy period.
- Outpatient medical expenses
- Dental treatment for injury, for pain to sound natural teeth – $250 per policy period
- Covering emergency medical expenses
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Lost Baggage
- Repatriation of Remains
- Emergency Evacuation
Visit our website for more.
Safe Travels USA Comprehensive Cost
The cost for the Safe Travels USA Comprehensive Insurance Plan can vary depending on a number of factors, such as the traveler’s age, trip duration, coverage amount, and deductible. Get in touch with our agents to get quotes from multiple carriers. Regardless of cost, buying in a robust travel medical insurance plan is invaluable and offers complete protection in a foreign land.
What Coverage is Offered by Safe Travel USA Comprehensive Insurance?
Here are some of the coverage options offered by Safe Travels USA Comprehensive.
- Medical Treatment, including prescription, hospitalization
- Insurance for up to $1,000,000 in accident and sickness medical expenses. Age restrictions apply.
- Medical Maximum per policy period – $50,000, $100,000, $250,000, $500,000, $1,000,000
- Deductible per policy period – $0, $50, $100, $250, $500, $1,000, $2,500, $5,000
- Co-insurance per policy period 100% up to the policy maximum
- The urgent care co-pay is $30 per incident if the $0 deductible is chosen.
- Repatriation of Mortal Remains 100% up to $50,000 per policy period
- Local Burial/ Cremation – $5,000 per policy period
- Medically Necessary Repatriation 100% up to $15,000 per policy period
- Emergency Reunion
- Wellness Benefit
- Sports Activity Coverage, if chosen (provides coverage for injuries incurred during amateur, club, intramural, interscholastic, and intercollegiate activities, such as archery, tennis, swimming, cross country, track, volleyball, golf, ballet, basketball, cheerleading, equestrian, fencing, field hockey, football, gymnastics, hockey, karate, lacrosse, polo, rowing, rugby, and soccer.
Any sport not listed is excluded from the policy. You can read about the plan’s coverage on our website.
How to Claim Safe Travels USA Comprehensive Insurance
Filing a claim with Safe Travels USA Comprehensive Insurance is a simple and straightforward process. VisitorPLANS provides free help in the claims process. You can contact your insurance agent for further assistance.
Step 1 – Notify the ProviderStep 2 – Furnish the necessary documents, such as receiptsStep 3 – Fill out a claim formStep 4 – Submit.
How to Choose the Right Coverage For Your Travel Needs?
Choosing the right coverage depends on a number of factors. Your age, destination, duration of stay, policy maximum, and deductible have an impact on the final coverage required for your travel. We highly recommend consulting with one of our travel health insurance agents to assess your specific needs and help you select the right plan.
Safe Travels USA Comprehensive Insurance Plan – FAQs
What does the Safe Travels USA Comprehensive Insurance Plan cover?
It covers medical expenses, baggage loss, repatriation of remains, emergency medical evacuation, and more.
Who is eligible for the Safe Travels USA Comprehensive Plan?
Non-US citizens traveling to the USA and outside their home country, including business travelers, are eligible.
Is Safe Travels USA Comprehensive Insurance suitable for senior travelers?
Yes! The Safe Travels USA Comprehensive Insurance plan offers coverage for travelers between the ages of 0-89, making it an excellent option for senior citizens.
Can I extend my coverage while traveling if my trip extends unexpectedly?
Yes! Safe Travels USA Comprehensive allows the flexibility to extend your coverage as the dates shift.
Can I purchase the Safe Travels USA Comprehensive Insurance Plan for my family?
Absolutely! Simply contact our agents at 1-855-5-VISITOR or 1-510-353-1180 to purchase this plan for your family.
How do I file a claim with Safe Travels USA Comprehensive Insurance?
You will need to fill out a claim form, notify the provider, and furnish the necessary details with receipts. For free assistance, contact our agents at VisitorPLANS.
Is the coverage offered by Safe Travels USA Comprehensive Insurance limited to the USA only?
No. You may be eligible for other options with global coverage. Kindly check with your insurance agent at VisitorPLANS here.
Does the Safe Travels USA Comprehensive Plan cover pre-existing conditions?
No, but it provides limited coverage for acute onset of pre-existing conditions. Contact our agents for more.
With a solid insurance plan, such as Safe Travels USA Comprehensive, you can focus on planning your itinerary, knowing the plan has you covered in case of an emergency. It is no wonder that this happens to be one of our most popular comprehensive plans with the appropriate coverage for travelers coming into the USA.
To explore all plans for travelers coming into the USA, click here. You can also connect with our agents to learn about the best insurance options today.