Plan Administrator: Trawick International | AM Best Rating: A "Excellent" | Underwriter: GBG Insurance Limited
ACCIDENTAL DEATHAND DISMEMBERMENT BENEFITS 24-Hour (Other than Air Flight)
|Class 1 Principal Sum:||$10,000|
|Time Period for Loss:||90 days|
|Loss of:||Benefit: (Percentage of Principal Sum)|
|Loss of Life||100%|
|Loss of Both Hands or Feet, or Loss of Entire Sight of Both Eyes||100%|
|Loss of One Hand and One Foot||100%|
|Loss of One Hand or Foot and Entire Sight of One Eye||100%|
|Loss of One Hand or Foot||75%|
|Loss of Sight of One Eye||75%|
The Plan does not cover any loss resulting from any of the following unless otherwise covered under the Plan by Additional Benefits:
1) Suicide, attempted suicide (including drug overdose) self-destruction, attempted self-destruction or intentional self-inflicted Injury while sane or insane;
2) War or any act of war, declared or undeclared;
3) An Accident which occurs while the Plan Participant is on Active Duty Service in any Armed Forces, National Guard, military, naval or air service or organized reserve corps;
4) Injury sustained while in the service of the armed forces of any country. When the Plan Participant enters the armed forces of any country, We will refund the unearned pro rata premium upon request;
5) Voluntary, active participation in a riot or insurrection;
6) Medical expenses resulting from a motor vehicle accident in excess of that which is payable under any other valid and collectible insurance;
Complete details are given in certificate of insurance.
Pre-Existing conditions; however, a Pre-Existing condition will be covered after the Covered Person has been continuously insured for 6 months under the same insurance plan;
The “Pre-existing Condition Waiting Period” is 6 months. If you receive treatment or service for a Pre-Existing Condition: a) No benefits will be paid for such condition until the day after a 6 consecutive month period has passed from your effective date; and b) The plan will pay only for Covered Expenses incurred after such 6 consecutive month period.
This Plan is not subject to guaranteed issuance or renewal.
NOTICE OF CLAIM:
Written notice of death, or Injury or Sickness must be given to Us within 30 days after a Covered Loss occurs or begins or as soon as reasonably possible. Notice can be given to Our authorized licensed agent. Notice should include the Plan Participant's name and address.
If written notice is not received within 30 days, the claim may be reduced or invalidated. However, the claim will not be reduced or invalidated if:
1) it can be shown that it was not possible within reason to submit notice within the 30-day period; and
2) it is further shown that notice was given as soon as possible.
When We receive the notice of claim, We will send forms for filing proof of loss. If claim forms are not sent within 15 days after receipt of such notice, the Proof of Loss requirements stated below will be deemed to have been met by submitting, within the time required under PROOF OF LOSS, written proof of the nature and extent of the loss.
PROOF OF LOSS:
Written proof of loss must be furnished to Us in the case of a claim for loss for which the Plan provides periodic payment contingent upon continuing loss within 60 days after the end of the period for which We are liable. Written proof that the loss continues must be furnished to Us at intervals required by us. In case of claim for any other loss, proof must be furnished within 60 days after the date of such loss. If the proof of loss is not submitted within 60 days, the claim may be reduced or invalidated. However, the claim will not be reduced or invalidated if:
1) it can be shown that it was not possible within reason to submit notice within the 60-day period; and
2) it is further shown that notice was given as soon as possible, and in no event, except in the absence of legal capacity, later than one year from the time proof is otherwise required.
TIME OF PAYMENT OF CLAIMS:
Benefits due under the Plan for a loss, other than a loss for which the Plan provides installments, will be paid within 30 days after Our receipt of due written proof of such loss.
Subject to written proof of loss, all accrued benefits for loss for which the Plan provides installments will be paid monthly; any balance remaining unpaid upon the termination of liability will be paid within 30 days after Our receipt of a written proof of loss, unless otherwise stated in the Description of Benefits.
Failure to pay claims within 30 days shall entitle the claimant to interest at the rate of 9 per cent per annum from the 30th day after receipt of such proof of loss to the date of late payment, provided that interest amounting to less than one dollar need not be paid. A claimant or their assignee shall be notified by Us of any known failure to provide sufficient documentation for a due proof of loss within 30 days after receipt of the claim. Any required interest payments shall be made within 30 days after the payment.
PAYMENT OF CLAIMS:
All benefits will be paid in United States currency. Loss of life benefits will be paid to the beneficiary as described in the Designation or Change of Beneficiary provision of the Plan.
All other benefits will be paid to the Plan Participant suffering the loss. If the Plan Participant dies before all payments due have been made, the amount still payable will be paid to his/her beneficiary as described in the Designation and Change of Beneficiary provision of the Plan.
If We are to pay benefits to the estate or to a person who is incapable of giving a valid release, We may pay up to $1,000 to a relative by blood or marriage whom We believe is equitably entitled. This good faith payment satisfies Our legal duty to the extent of that payment.
Any other accrued benefits which are unpaid at a Plan Participant's death may, at Our option, be paid either to his beneficiary or to his estate.