Collegiate Care Preferred
You are eligible for this coverage in the USA, if you have a current passport or visa and are temporarily residing outside your home country/country of permanent residence while actively engaged in education or research activities. You are "actively engaged" in education, teaching or research activities if you are one of the following: F1/J1 valid Visa holder; Undergraduate – registered for and attending classes on a full-time basis; Graduate Student; Scholar or researcher who is invited by an educational organization; Students involved in education, educational activities, or research related activities. Students must actively attend classes for at least the first 31 calendar days after the date for which coverage is purchased. Home study, correspondence, internet classes and television courses do not fulfill the eligibility requirements. Your spouse and dependent children are also eligible for coverage if accompanying you and enrolled on your policy.
For purposes of this insurance, if the Eligible Person's home country or country of permanent residence (passport country) is different from the Eligible Person's country of permanent residence (location in which the Eligible Person permanently resides), the Eligible Person will not be covered in either location. Permanent residents (green card holders) and US Citizens are not eligible for coverage under this Policy. Home Country will be that country which the Covered Person has declared to Us in writing as his or her Home Country.
|Collegiate Care Schedule of Benefits and Rates||Collegiate Care Standard|
|Lifetime Medical Maximum||No Lifetime Maximum|
|Deductible per injury or Sickness||$500 or $50 if first treated by the Student Health Center|
|Co-insurance In Network||80% of the Preferred Allowance|
|Co-insurance Out of Network||80% of the Preferred Allowance of first $10,000 then 100% Plan Maximum|
|Student Health Center||$0 Co-Pay|
|Primary Care Physician||$30 Co-Pay|
|Specialist Visits||$50 Co-Pay|
|Consultation Fee||$50 Co-Pay|
|Hospitalization||$250 Co-Pay Inpatient or Outpatient|
|Emergency Room||$250 Co-Pay per visit|
|Maternity||Up to $50,000|
|Pre-existing conditions||Covered after 6 months|
|Prescription Drugs||Pay and Claim; Covered up to the Policy Maximum.|
|Emergency Medical Evacuation/Repatriation||$100,000|
|Return of Mortal Remains||$100,000|
|Home Country Coverage||up to 30 days or $1000 whichever comes first.|
|Age||Rates Effective July 1, 2017|
No benefits will be paid for loss or expense caused by or resulting from:
1. Suicide, attempted suicide (including drug overdose) self-destruction, attempted self- destruction or intentional self-inflicted Injury while sane or insane;
2. War or any act of war, declared or undeclared;
3. Injury sustained while in the service of the armed forces of any country;
4. Voluntary active participation in a riot or insurrection;
5. Medical expenses resulting from a motor vehicle accident in excess of that which is payable under any other valid and collectible insurance;
6. Treatment for an Injury or Sickness resulting from the Covered Person’s intoxication or use of illegal drugs or any drugs or medication that is intentionally not taken in the dosage recommended by the manufacturer or for the purpose prescribed by the Covered Person’s Physician;
7. Commission or attempt to commit an assault or felony, or that occurs while being engaged in an illegal occupation;
8. Eligible Expenses for which the Covered Person would not be responsible in the absence of the Policy;
9. Treatment of acne;
10. Charges which are in excess of Usual, Reasonable and Customary charges;
11. Charges that are incurred outside of the Period of Insurance either prior to coverage commencing or after coverage has terminated;
12. Charges that are not Medically Necessary; charges provided at no cost to the Covered Person;
13. Expenses incurred for treatment while in Your Home Country which exceed 30 days or $1000;
14. Expenses incurred for an Accident or Sickness after the termination date of coverage;
15. Regular health checkups, routine physical examinations, immunizations or other examinations where there are no objective indications or impairment in normal health;
16. Injuries paid under Workers’ Compensation, Employer’s liability laws or similar occupational benefits or while engaging in an occupation for monetary gain from sources;
17. Pre-existing conditions; however a Pre-Existing condition will be covered after the Covered Person has been continuously insured for 12 months under the same insurance plan;
18. Unless covered herein, Pregnancy or childbirth, elective abortion, or any complications of any of these conditions;
19. Dental care or treatment other than care of sound Natural Teeth and gums, required for Injury resulting from an Accident while covered under the Policy, and rendered within 6 months of the Accident;
20. Eyeglasses, contact lenses, hearing aids, braces, appliances, or examinations or prescriptions thereof;
21. Travel in or upon a snowmobile, a water jet ski, any two or three wheeled motor vehicle, motorcycle registered for on-road travel, or any off road motorized vehicle not requiring licensing as a motor vehicle;
22. Injury sustained while taking part in: mountaineering; hang gliding; parachuting; bungee jumping; racing by horse, motor vehicle or motorcycle; snowmobiling; motorcycle/motor scooter riding; scuba diving involving underwater breathing apparatus; snorkeling; water skiing; snow skiing; spelunking; parasailing; white water rafting; surfing, unless part of a school credit course; and snowboarding; or other hazardous activities as determined by the insurance company;
23. Practice or play in any amateur, club, intramural, interscholastic, intercollegiate, professional or semiprofessional sports, contest or competition;
24. Rest cures or custodial care;
25. Elective or Cosmetic surgery and Elective Treatment or treatment for congenital anomalies (except as specifically provided), except for reconstructive surgery on a diseased or injured part of the body. Correction of a deviated nasal septum is considered Cosmetic Surgery unless it results from a covered Injury or Sickness.
Acute Pre-Ex Coverage
means an Injury, Sickness, disease, or other condition during the 365 day period immediately prior to the date the Covered Person's coverage is effective for which the Covered Person : 1) received or received a recommendation for a test, examination, or medical treatment for a condition which first manifested itself, worsened or became acute or had symptoms which would have prompted a reasonable person to seek diagnosis, care or treatment; or 2) took or received a prescription for drugs or medicine. Item (2) of this definition does not apply to a condition which is treated or controlled solely through the taking of prescription drugs or medicine and remains treated or controlled without any adjustment or change in the required prescription throughout the 180 day period before coverage is effective under the Covered Person's Plan.
The "Pre-existing Condition Waiting Period" is 6 months. If you receive treatment or service for a Pre-Existing Condition: a) No benefits will be paid for such condition until the day after a 6 consecutive month period has passed from your effective date; and b) The plan will pay only for Covered Expenses incurred after such 6 consecutive month period.
Upon effective date, this plan is fully earned and non-refundable. There are no partial refunds.
This plan is fully earned and non-refundable on the effective date.
All claims, regardless of submission date, must be received in our office within 90 days of treatment or they will be denied. Initial treatment must occur within 90 days of the Accident or Sickness.
Once a claim has been reviewed, additional documentation may be required for processing. This request will be made in writing to the address on file or via email. Please make sure your mailing address and email address are current.